Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Hurry to 'The End'
For The End Is Nigh
Asia Times article by Jim Lobe:
WASHINGTON - Accounts of a February 28 "literary luncheon" at the White House suggest that US President George W Bush's reading tastes - until now a remarkably good predictor of his policy views - are moving ever rightward, even apocalyptic, despite his administration's recent suggestions that it is more disposed to engage Washington's foes, even in the Middle East.
For the rest of the article and a good laugh, Click here.
Now before I go back to my favourite Axis of Evil pass-time of scheming and ploting against the great Bushmerican Democracy, maybe I should point a few thoughts that occured to me while reading this.
1. Bush seems more biblophobe than biblophile.
2. If these books are good literature, I don't even want to imagine bad literature.
3. Only a tyrant preaches so feverishly about "liberty" and "democracy".
4. Once a nation of cuthroat owtlaws, always a nation of cuthroat outlaws.
5. The worst Wahhabi zealot sounds naivly innocent compared with the "Christian" authors. But, then again, take point 3 and replace "tyrant" with "fanatic", and you'll get my drift.
6. There was once an Arab dictator who liked to imitate Jamal Abdul Nasser. He was hanged on New Year's Eve.
7. Hearing God's voice, O, Pure Bush of all Righteous, is one of two: heresy or schizofrenia. Or both.
8. WAKE UP BEFORE THE EATH BLOWS FROM UNDER YOU!!!
Links to this post: