Saturday, April 05, 2008


Through Iraqi Eyes

Layla Anwar
An Arab Woman Blues, April 5, 2008


Did I ever tell you about my trip to the USA ? But that was ages ago...
That was when I still considered you somewhat (and do underline somewhat) of human beings...of course that has changed drastically, since...

Well, I had the misfortune of visiting your country. Friends told me that I was about to experience a very "sophisticated city" on the East Coast...

I had known Europe and I was sure "your sophisticated city" was much of an exaggeration. But I played along and promised myself to keep an open mind...

I found absolutely nothing sophisticated about you. I found then, and am sure it's gotten worse since -- I found a very shallow, ignorant, stressed out, aggressive, brash, brazen, jaded, apathetic, uncultured, empty, hollow, violent people...

Your streets were violent, the energies you gave off were violent, your urban structure was breeding ground for violence...and your "sophisticated" food sucked...It was an awful trip. I could not wait to leave...

I was feeling so anxious there, with all your nasty vibes, I actually borrowed some money from an acquaintance, changed the departure date which cost me nearly another plane ticket, and left earlier than scheduled...And what a relief it was !

But this is not really what I wanted to tell you. What I really wanted to share with you was an "incident" that happened in an elevator in one of your "sophisticated cities"...

I was in that elevator with a friend. And we were heading towards the 25th floor of some building whose architectural design was an insult to the Skies...

Standing next to us, was an Amercian couple with their very young daughter, she must have been around 5 or 6. A cute little girl wearing denim dungarees and with a head full of ginger colored curls...she looked adorable.

I smiled at her and spoke to her "you're a cute little girl. And my, what lovely curls you've got" I then patted her head and told her parents..."you have lovely little girl, bless her." in my typical Middle Eastern fashion.

The parents frowned, and the mother briskly pulled her daughter towards her, in a defensive manner...and they left the elevator a few floors before us.

My friend said abruptly "Layla you should never do that again!"
This friend has been living in the US for donkey years...poor thing.

Do what ?!

You should never pat children here

Why not ?

They consider that child molesting.

Oh! for God's sake, give me a break , you can't be serious...it was just a show of affection for a child.

I am serious, you should never do that again, otherwise you'll get yourself in trouble here...

I was truly shocked...and thought to myself, what kind of perverted people are these, when even talking or joking around with a child can be misconstrued as sexual molesting ?

Then I remembered that I was in a very "sophisticated city." A city where everyone is politically correct, weighing their sentences and hiding tons of hypocrisy behind them...

I remembered I was in a "sophisticated city" where everyone tried so hard to look "sophisticated", hiding their neurosis, anally withholding feelings, masking their constipated minds behind rhetoric, jargon and garbage made self-help psychology...

I remembered that I was in a "sophisticated city" where aggressivity is repressed behind some sort of "sophisticated civilized" behavior, making everyone even more aggressive... chronically -- short tempered, irritated, angry and always whining...

Many years later, these "sophisticated" people invaded and occupied my country in the name of "civilized Freedom"...

Everything I knew to be true about you lot, was further confirmed during your unwanted, unwelcomed "visit" to Iraq.

In Iraq, the true, uncensored, unadulterated, unfiltered, face of America shines through...

This emotionally anally retentive people, this ignorant mentally constipated people, this arrogant, aggressive, profoundly dishonest people, this Godless, morally depraved people -- showed their true faces in Iraq.

This people who are oh! so politically correct, who take great pains in debating if a sentence is sexist or racist.. when words like black or white are quickly changed to caucasian or afro-american...otherwise it's oh! so blasphemous...

This deeply hypocritical, puritanical lot, who consider the word "fuck" to be a repulsive, foul, coarse, word prohibited for those below the age of 18.

This disgusting, repugnant people who see sexual abuse and molestation everywhere because they are abusive and molesters themselves...

This people with their "brave boys and girls" in Iraq.

And the video below exposes only the tip of the iceberg...

And by the way, I don't agree with the sentence in it that says you've "gone insane"...

You're not insane, you're simply a deeply racist (even the colored ones amongst you), perverted, immoral, hideous lot.

In Iraq, all of your true faces and colors have been unmasked for the World to witness and History to record.

Thank you M for theVIDEO

http://arabwomanblues.blogspot.com/
http://arabwomannews.blogspot.com/




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?